Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Onion – 1 thinly sliced
Tomato – 2 chopped
Green Chilli – 1 slit
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Lemon – 1/2
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coconut Milk – 2 cups
Bread Slices – as needed
Ghee – 2 -3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water – 1/4 cup (if needed)
Oil – for frying
Snauf – 1 tsp
Bay leaves – 2
Cloves – 2
Cardamom pods – 2
1 inch Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 mins.
- In the mean while slice the onions, tomatoes and green chilli.
- Turn on saute mode. Once hot add Ghee and then the ingredients under to temper. Saute well until you get nice aroma.
- Now add slit green chilli and saute for a min.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smells goes away.
- Saute onion until translucent, then add tomatoes and fry well.
- Add Salt and turmeric and give it a quick stir.
- Cancel Saute mode. Drain the water from soaked basmati and add it to the instant pot.
- Add 2 cups of Coconut milk and water only if needed. Give it a quick mix and Cook on Rice mode for 12 mins.
- Meanwhile cut the bread slices into cube and deep fry it using oil.
- Release pressure after 10 mins in warm mode. Add fried bread cubes to rice and mix well.
- Increase chilli according to the spice level of your taste buds.
- You can fry and add the bread cubes before serving as it may tend to become soggy.
- You can only use coconut milk or add 1 cup water and 1 cup coconut milk.
- The amount of rice to water ratio depends on the quality of the rice used. So please use as per your usual cooking.