Whipped Rose Cream
Prep Time: 2 hours + 5 minutes| Cook Time: NA | Makes: 2 Cups
In my previous post, I shared about red velvet cake jamun trifle. In that recipe I have used rose cream as one of the layer. I was very fascinated with trifle always. So, decided to make something for our anniversary and I made it. We enjoyed this as a family. My daughter loves eating this cream as such like an ice cream. You can also add some nuts and fruits to it and enjoy as such 🙂 I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do 🙂 🙂
Heavy Whipping Cream – 2 Cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Pink food color – 2 to 4 drops
Rose food essence – 1/8 tsp
Dried rose petals – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Freeze the bowl and the beater sticks for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Take the bowl out of freezer and add 2 cups of whipping cream. Beat it for 30 seconds with the lowest setting on your hand mixer.
- Add sugar, essence and food color. Start beating again at lowest setting and gradually increase it to the highest speed on your hand mixer.
- Beat until stiff peaks are formed. This would take about 5 minutes. Do not over whip it.
- Scrape the sides and mix it gently. Add rose petals at this stage. Mix it well. Keep refrigerated until serving.
- I used an electric hand mixer hence it took me maximum of 5 minutes only. If you are using a manual hand mixer it would take about another 5 to 8 minutes.
- You can use fine granulated sugar or powdered sugar. Increase or decrease the quantity as you wish.
- You can serve it topped with fresh or frozen fruits of your choice.
- You can also you rose syrup instead of essence. In this case please check if your syrup has any sweetener or color. If it has both adjust sweetness and color accordingly or skip it all together.
If you like this recipe and tried it, leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it 🙂