Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Serves: 4 – 6 | Author: Rohini Ramanathan
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a popular pasta dish from Naples. This pasta dish is straightforward. In contrast to other pasta dishes that are laden with creamy sauces and cheese, it is also quite easy on the stomach.
“Aglio” and “Olio” are the Italian words for “garlic” and “oil,” respectively.
This dish is prepared by sautéing galic in oil along with red pepper flakes and Italian seasonings. Then the cooked spaghetti is tossed in this oil and served warm. You can also top it with Parmesan Cheese.
This can also be included in a child’s lunchbox. One of our favorite dinners as a family is spaghetti aglio e olio.
Other Pasta Dishes on my blog
Sphagetti Uncooked – 1 lbs
Garlic – 10 cloves (finely chopped)
Red Pepper flakes – as needed (optional)
Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
Parsley – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – as needed
Water – to cook pasta
Shredded Parmesan Cheese – as needed (optional)
- First, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, then set it aside. In 7 to 10 minutes, you should be finished.
- Then, heat oil in a wide bottom pan, Once heated, add chopped garlic, Italian seasonings, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the garlic are slightly golden.
- When it’s finished, combine it thoroughly with the cooked and drained pasta. If extra salt is required, make sure to check.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and paramesan cheese. Enjoy warm servings!
- Although quite boring, this meal has taste. Increase the amount of red pepper flakes as desired if you want it hot.
- The traditional recipe does not include cheese. So, it is entirely up to you whatever option you want.
If you have tried this recipe, leave a comment below or share it with us on our Facebook / Instagram and tag us #yumtumbhojana. We would love to see your post!