Ghee Residue Ladoo
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Makes: 6
Ghee Residue Ladoo or Nei Kasandu Ladoo. Ghee Residue is called as Nei Kasandu in Tamil. This is an age-old recipe that my grandmother used to make often when the ghee is made. I have seen many people these days dispose of those residues, but in olden days they made use of it to make ladoo. I don’t like wasting food in anyways. So, whenever I make ghee at home these days I make these ladoo. Traditionally my grandmother used to make these ladoo with Rice flour. I tried making it with Kanji Maavu (Health mix). I came out well and taste was amazing. The aroma filed up the room. My toddler loved it a lot.
Ghee Residue – 2 tbsp
Kanji Maavu/ Health Mix Powder – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Heat the ghee residue and add the health mix powder to it and roast well.
- Add the sugar and mix well until everything crumbles together. If you take some flour in hand and hold it tight, it must hold the shape, that is the consistency we want.
- If you are not able to hold shape add some ghee and cook it for few more minutes.
- Allow it to cool a bit and roll it into ladoo.
- You can use rice flour also to make this ladoo.
- You can also add nuts to this to make it even more healthy.