Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Makes: 1 cup
Strawberry sauce is a tangy and sweet sauce. This can be used in dessert, ice-creams or can be served as a dip for kids as an alternative to tomato sauce. This recipe is adapted from a very famous tv show called Samayal Samayal. I hope you enjoy making this. Let us get into the detailed recipe.
Strawberries – 10 – 12 roughly chopped
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Wash the strawberries well and blend it into a puree without adding any water.
- Heat a pan and add the puree into the pan.
- Cook the puree of 10 mins. Once it starts bubbling add sugar and stir well.
- Let the sugar melt and incorporate well. Once the mixture starts thickening up and leaves the sides of the pan, you can turn off the stove. Don’t make it too thick. The consistency should be dropping from the spoon.
- Add 1 tsp of vinegar and mix it well.
- If you want to get the bite of strawberry, you can blend it coarsely instead of puree. So you will get a slightly chunky puree.
- Add sugar depending on the sweetness or soreness of the fruit.
- You can add lemon juice instead of vinegar.
One Comment Add yours