Prep Time: 1 min | Cook Time: 5 – 8 mins |Total time: 10 mins | Makes: 2 cups
Custard milk is a very simple yet delicious on its own. You can make many desserts/smoothies using custard powder and custard milk. I will soon share the recipes I know using custard milk and Custard powder. I have used this milk to make a yummy dessert. You can find the recipe for banana custard here.
Milk (Whole or Full fat) – 2 cups
Vanilla Custard Powder – 1/4 cup
Water – as needed
Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Take milk in a microwave safe bowl or jar. Boil the milk for 2 mins.
- Allow it to rest for a min. Add sugar and stir it well, Now, Take again heat it up 2 mins.
- Take custard powder in a bowl and mix it with water to form a liquid, add this to the boiled milk and mix well.
- Heat the mixture for 1 min. By now the consistency of milk with custard powder should be thick. If not heat for one more min and mix it well.
- Refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. It would be like a jelly when you take it out of the refrigerator.
- I have made it in microwave, you can follow the same method for stove top. But please add 5 to 10 mins extra to the above mentioned time.
- Adjust the sugar according to your taste buds.
- Do not cook for a long time after adding the custard powder. Thee milk thickens up quickly because of the corn starch added in the custard powder.