Instant wheat flour Dosai
Prep Time: 5 mins | Resting Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Serves: 3 – 4
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Rava/Sooji – 1/4 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig chopped (Optional)
Oil – as needed for cooking dosa
Salt – as needed
Water – as needed
- Take Wheat flour, rice flour, Rava in a bowl.
- Add Jeera. Pepper, sugar and salt. Mix everything well together.
- Add buttermilk and mix it well. If needed add some water at this stage.
- The consistency of the batter must be flowing and not too thick as Dosa batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for 20 mins. Before spreading the batter add the chopped curry leaves.
- Heat dosa tawa, once hot spread the batter like rava dosa. Drizzle oil around the edges and cook for 5 mins on each side. To get crispy dosa allow it to cook in low flame for more time (you don’t need to turn the dosa when cooking on low flame for more time).
- Serve dosa along with your favorite chutney or Sambar. I served it along with sweet pepper chutney.
- Adding sugar gives nice color to dosa. It optional and you can skip it all together.
- Do not add water or buttermilk all at once. Add it slowly to ensure you get the right consistency.
- You can skip buttermilk and use only water.