Onion Rava Dosai
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Makes – 15 to 20 Dosai’s
Sooji/Bombay Rava – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig, roughly chopped
Onion – 1 roughly chopped
Sugar – 1 tsp
Water – as needed
Salt – as needed
- In a bowl add all the ingredients listed above (except water, onion and curry leaves) and mix well.
- Now, add water little at a time and mix well without lumps. The batter should be very thin and flowing consistency.
- Now, add onions and curry leaves and mix well.
- Heat Dosa griddle and pour the batter to fill the griddle. Pour oil around the dosa and cook it until golden brown (you can cook it just on one side).
- Serve hot with Chutney and Sambar.
I Served Onion Rava Dosai with Peanut Chutney and Sambar
- The batter should be very thin so adjust water accordingly.
- Adding sugar to the dosa batter gives a nice golden color to the dosai.
- You can omit onion if you want to make plain rava dosai. You can also add finely chopped green chilles to the batter.