Banana Custard with Strawberry Sauce
Prep Time: 5 mins | Serves: 1
Banana Custard with Strawberry Sauce is a delicious snacks for kids returning back from school or a wonderful dessert for potluck and family gatherings. I followed the recipe shown by Mr. Venkatesh Bhat in Samayal Samayal program. My daughter has a big sweet tooth and I thought this dessert would be a best treat for her it has banana and nuts which otherwise would be rotting in the kitchen (I believe its the same in almost every household with kids). Let us see the detailed recipe below. I have made a separate post on making Milk custard and Strawberry sauce.
Milk custard – 1 cup chilled
Banana – 1 sliced
Strawberry sauce – 4 tbsp
Almonds – 1 tbsp chopped
Maraschino Cherries – 1 (optional)
- Take a dessert serving bowl and arrange a layer of banana slices.
- Add some chilled milk custard over the banana.
- Now add a layer of strawberry sauce.
- Repeat the step 1 to 3 alternatively until the bowl is full.
- Add a spoon of strawberry sauce and top it up with chopped nuts and cherry.
- You can add chopped nuts as per your choice or skip it if you don’t like it. It adds a crunchy bite to the soft and smooth banana custard.
- You can also try making any fruit sauce or whipped cream and add it on top of your custard.
- My dessert bowl was slightly bigger so I have used one cup of milk custard, you will need more or less depending on the size of the bowl. Also note that this recipe is for single serving
One Comment Add yours