Arbi Fry/Seppankizhangu Varuval
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 – 20 mins | Serves: 2 | Author: Mrs. Nandhiinee
Arbi/Seppankizhangu – 1 lb or 10 pieces
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Corn Flour/Corn Starch – 2 tbsp
Salt – as needed
Oil – 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring (Optional)
- Pressure cook Arbi/Seppankizhangu for 2 whistles. Once cooked let the pressure release naturally.
- Peel the skin and cut it into medium sized pieces.
- Coat the pieces with chilli powder, corn flour and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Now add curry leaves and give a quick stir.
- Add the Arbi and fry until golden brown.
- Serve warm with Rice, Rasam/Sambar or even with curd rice.
- If in case you feel the Arbi is over cooked. Keep it in refrigerator for sometime and then cut it into pieces.
- You can also add 1 or 2 tablespoon of rice flour along with corn flour for extra crispiness.
- You can also deep fry instead of shallow frying.
- Increase or decrease chilli powder to suit your preferences.
3 Comments Add yours
Rohini, this looks lovely. My husband on the other hand, loves arbi a lot. In fact both of us. Loved the recipe.
Thank you so much Vidya. I love Arbi a lot as well. I’m trying this recipe almost after 4 years 🙂