Vegetable Brinji is one of the most flavorful Rice dish made with Coconut milk and some spices. It has a unique flavor and you will never forget it once you eat it. You will relish every bite of the meal. It can be served with a simple raita or cauliflower 65.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Chopped Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup
Chopped Mint leaves – 2 tbsp
Slit Green Chilli – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Salt – as needed
Water – as needed
Oil/Ghee – 3 tbsp
Cardamom – 2 pods
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Bay leaf – 1
- Chop the veggies into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pressure cooker pan and add the ingredients listed under “To Temper”.
- Now add slit green chillies, ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the chopped vegetables, Rice and mint leaves into the pan and mix well.
- Then, add 1 cup of Coconut milk and water as needed to cook the rice and veggies.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and let it cool down.
- Open the pressure cooker mix it up well and serve warm with raita of your choice.
I served it with onion raita and gobi 65.
- You can skip water and cook the rice with coconut milk only.
- I used 1 cup rice: 2 cups water ratio and hence used 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water. This ratio depends on the quality of rice, so use carefully.
- You can shallow fry bread cubes in ghee and add it to the rice. It adds a very nice flavor to your rice.
- I used the following vegetables: Potato, Carrot, Cauliflower, Beans and Peas.