Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
Chakka Varati/Jack-Fruit Jam – 1/4 cup
Boiled Milk – 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Chopped Cashew Nuts – 1 tsp
Chopped Coconut – 1 tsp
- In a pan mix jack-fruit jam and milk, whisk it till it becomes smooth.
- Now mix 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup water to make thin coconut milk.
- Add thin coconut milk to the jack-fruit jam and bring it to boil well.
- Once it starts to boil, add the remaining coconut milk (thick milk) and boil for 5 mins or until a frothy.
- Switch off the flame and add fried cashew nuts and coconut to the payasam.
- Server it hot or cold.
- I used canned coconut milk and so added water to make thin and thick milk.
- You can use freshly prepared coconut milk. The first milk taken out will be the thick coconut milk and the second milk will be the thin coconut milk.
- You can skip the milk and cook it with only coconut milk.
- I haven’t added extra sugar or jaggery as the sweetness from the jam was sufficient for us. If in case you want to add jaggery, allow it to boil separately and filter and then add to the milk along with jam.