Prep Time: 2 hours + 5 mins (for grinding) | Time to Dry: 2 days | Makes: 20 – 25 pieces
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 2
Asafotedia – 1 tsp
Salt – As needed
- Soak Urad Dal for 2 hours along with Red Chillies.
- Drain the water and grind to a coarse paste.
- Add Salt and asafotedia according to your taste and mix well.
- Keep a clean cotton cloth or parchment paper ready. Now take the batter using a spoon or your hands to make a small portion and flatten it a little bit.
- Allow it to dry completely in sun light for 2 days.
- Once it is dried, you can store it in an air tight container for up to a month.
If you are in an apartment or if you don’t get enough sunlight you can follow the below method and please use a parchment paper while following this,
- If possible keep the tray with the Urad dal batter near a window when you find abundant sunlight.
- Later you can set your oven temperature of the lowest temperature and pre heat it. Once its preheated, you can place the tray and set the timer for 2 – 3 hours until it’s completely dried. You can set the temperature for every hour and check the consistency so that you can adjust the temperature as needed.
- The lowest temperature in my oven was 170 F and I used 175 F for 2 – 2.5 hours to get the final product. So check your oven to find the lowest temperature.