Restaurant Style Green Chutney
Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves: 4 – 5 | Author: Mr. Sriram
Fresh Mint Leaves – 1 cup
Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
Thick Curd – 1 cup
Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
Medium Sized Onion – 2 or 3
Medium sized tomato – 2
A piece of ginger peeled and chopped
Garlic – 3 or 4 cloves peeled and chopped
Green Chilli – 1 chopped
Amchur Powder or Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Black salt or Rock salt – as needed
Water – 1 or 2 tbsp for grinding
Cooking method with Nala’s touch (ENalabaag)
- Wash Mint leaves and coriander leaves with warm water, rinse and chop nicely.
- Wash, peel and rinse the onion. Chop it roughly.
- Wash, rinse and chop tomatoes roughly.
- Add these fresh veggies, ginger, garlic, green chilli in a blender.
- Take care in adding water – add 1 or 2 tbsp water and grind the ingredients till smooth.
- Store the green chutney in a bowl.
- Mix the curd (hung thick curd) with a blender to make a thick paste and add chaat masala, amchur powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix the green chutney and curd. Churn it well so that it gets mixed properly.
- Use a Muslin cloth or cotton cloth to hung the curd for 1 hour. The outcome is the thick curd (without whey).
You can reach out to me at my