Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Moong dal/Toor Dal – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 chopped
Green chilli – 1 slit
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Water – 1 to 1.5 cups
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Asafoetida/Hing – a pinch
- Soak the dal in hot water for 10 mins.
- Turn on saute, add oil/ghee once hot. Now add the ingredients under to temper and allow it to splutter,
- Add Green chilli and saute for a minute. Now add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and saute well until tomatoes are mushy.
- Now add the soaked dal and mix well. Add water and cancel Saute. Turn on Pressure Cooking mode and cook for 5 mins on High Pressure.
- Allow to release pressure naturally. Once done open it and mix in coriander leaves. Add in some water if the dal is too thick. The dal should be in semi flowing consistency. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Follow the steps 1 to 3 mentioned above.
- Now add the soaked dal and add required water to cook the dal. Mix it well.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and allow the pressure to settle naturally.
- Once done, open the cooker mix it up and garnish with coriander leaves. If it’s too thick add a little water and make it to semi flowing consistency.