Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Who doesn’t love French Fries? We are no exception to it as well including our toddler. But we try to limit her to these junks but it always goes out of hands. We as a parent need control towards it first, Right? Hence, I decided to provide my family with a healthier version of French Fries. Yes, these fries are oven baked and are made out of sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato – 1
Paprika or Cayenne Pepper – 1 tsp
Crushed Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tsp
Dried Parsley – 1 tsp
Dried Rosemary – 1 tsp
Salt – as needed
- Preheat the oven at 400 deg F for 7 minutes.
- Wash and Peel the skin of the sweet potato and cut into strip of 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a bowl add the sweet potatoes, paprika/ cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, olive oil, parsley and rosemary. Toss it gently or mix it with hands for the spices to coat well.
- Arrange the spice coated sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 15 mins.
- Once done, remove it carefully from the oven and serve along with your favorite dip.
- You can increase or decrease the pepper powder as per your preferences.
- You can use any herbs you like. I personally feel rosemary with sweet potato gives a very different flavor.
- The quantity might differ with the size of sweet potato.
One Comment Add yours