Sizzler is a dish made out of meat or vegetables served sizzling on a hot iron plate. I was very much fascinated by the presentation of the sizzler and was desperate to try out at home. I was looking for the iron plate that is used for serving sizzlers for a very long time but to see only it was very costly. Recently I went to hobby lobby and to my surprise they had this iron plate for a price well within my budget in the Spring Décor Aisle. I grabbed it and told my husband that I’m going to give you a feast this weekend and wait for it!! Throughout the process of making husband man was behind me asking what I was preparing. It turned out so yummy and a filling meal for a weekend. We enjoyed it and my toddler loved the meal as well. Okay, so presenting the vegetarian version of the sizzler to you all. So, what are you waiting for still, go ahead and prepare this egg-less, meatless version of sizzler and surprise your loved ones.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Fried Rice/Cilantro Lime Rice/Pulao – 2 cups
Makhni Gravy – 1/2 cup
Potato Fries/Sweet Potato Fries – 2 servings
Stir Fried Veggies – 2 servings
Stuffed Capsicum – 2
Paneer Tikka – as needed
Cabbage leaves – as needed
- Heat the sizzler plate till hot.
- Spread the cabbage leaves to cover the plate.
- Arrange the rice, stir fried veggies, fries, paneer tikka and stuffed capsicum.
- Drizzle the makhni sauce over the food, you will hear a “sizzling” sound.
- Place the sizzler plate on a wooden board and serve hot.
- You can use any veggies of your choice. I have only used three color peppers for the stir fried veggies.
- I have mentioned the time only for presenting the sizzler. Individual cooking time for the items mentioned under the ingredients list varies. Please refer to the corresponding links.