Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Makhni Gravy is basically made with tomato paste and butter. You can pair this gravy with Roti/Naan/Rice or simply use this gravy to make Paneer Makhni or Vegetable Makhni.
Medium size Tomatoes – 5
Cashew nuts – 10
Garlic – 5 cloves
Butter – 4 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as needed
Whipped cream – 1 tbsp
Kasuri Methi/ Dried Methi – 1 tsp crushed
- Soak Cashew nuts in hot water for 5 mins.
- Grind chopped tomatoes, garlic and cashew nuts to a smooth paste.
- Heat butter in a pan, once hot add the ground paste and cook until raw smell goes off and butter separates from the gravy.
- Add the salt, garam masala, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix everything well.
- Switch off the flame and add crushed kasuri methi. Mix well.
- Top it with a tablespoon of cream.
- Gravy should not be too thick or too thin. If your gravy is too thick add little water to make it to flowing consistency. If you feel your gravy is too thin, then add little cornflour paste to thicken the gravy.
- Whipped cream can be skipped or be replaced with milk.