Schezwan Paneer Fried Rice
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Finely Chopped Carrots – 1/2 cup
Frozen/Fresh Peas – 1/4 cup
Chopped Spring onion whites – 2 tbsp
Chopped Spring onion greens – 2 tbsp
Cubed Paneer – 200 grams
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Schzewan Sauce – 2 tbsp
Water – 1.5 cups
Salt – as needed
Oil – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli – 1
- Soak basmati rice for 20 mins and cook it with 1.5 cups of water. Once the rice is cooked fluff it up with a fork and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the red chilli.
- Now add the chopped spring onion whites and fry until transparent.
- Add carrots, peas along with salt and fry until vegetables are cooked. Make sure the vegetables remain crunchy yet cooked.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well.
- Add schezwan sauce, pepper powder and give it a quick stir.
- Add the cooked basmati rice and gently mix it so the sauce gets coated well.
- Garnish with spring onion green and serve hot with onion raita or any manchurian.
I served it along with Schewan Gobhi Manchurian.
- You can use vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, cabbage, capsicum to make this fried rice.
- You can shallow fry the panner and add it to the rice at last and mix well.
- Increase or decrease the amount of schezwan sauce to suit your taste buds.