Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 3-4
Potato – 4 medium size
Lemon – 1 medium size
Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp
Salt – as needed
Chopped Cilantro – 1 tbsp
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Take potatoes cut it into half and boil/steam it for 5 – 7 mins.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash it roughly. The potatoes should be slightly firm yet cooked. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the ingredients listed under “To Temper” and let the channa dal turn golden brown.
- Now add the boiled potatoes and mix it well. Let it cook for 2 mins.
- Add shredded coconut, salt and cilantro. Mix everything well.
- Once cooked, turn off the stove and mix in the juice of one medium size lemon.
- This dish goes very well with simple Rasam.
- You can add green chilli as per taste and preference.
- The amount of lemon juice can be adjusted as per taste. I like mine to be tangy, so I used to add the juice of 1 lemon.
One Comment Add yours
Wow!!! a forgotten dish, thanks for the hint, let me also try, looks yummy 😋