Red Velvet Cake Jamun Trifle
Prep Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Happy Blog Anniversary!!
It’s been 3 years since I started this blog. I was not able to maintain this blog properly so far. But from today I make a promise to myself that at least I will make one weekly blog post. So, I would like to share with you all a simple dessert (if you have all ingredients handy, you can whip this up quickly) that I made for my wedding anniversary 🙂 I actually tried making red velvet cake for our anniversary but it was a big flop 😦 the cake did not hold its shape but the crumbles were tasting best and this is when I decided to make it into a trifle (why to waste a cake crumbs when the taste was so good). My elder daughter claimed it to be the bestest ever dessert in the world 😀 (Do I need anything more in life better than this compliment from the tiny little soul). I was always fascinated with trifle or any fusion desserts layered in jars. Without any delays let’s jump into the recipe. This recipe post will only have assembling/layering of all ingredients only hence, I have mentioned only 15 mins time. In my next post I will share the recipe of Whipped rose cream.
Crumbled Red Velvet Cake – 1 cup
Whipped rose cream – 1 cup
Gulab Jamun – 2 pieces
Chopped Nuts – 2 tbsp
- Take 2 small jars or ice-cream bowls.
- Fill the whipped rose cream into a piping bag. You can use any nozzle you prefer. I have used star nozzle.
- Add a layer of cake crumble to the ice-cream bowl. Now add a layer of whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream to make a smooth layer. You can also skip spreading the layer of whipped cream for the textures to be visible.
- Repeat step 3 until the jar or ice-cream bowl is filled. Now place a piece of gulab jamun.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve it right away or chilled.
- As mentioned earlier the amount of time required to prepare or bake the cake / cream and gulab jamuns are not considered. Hence the 15 mins of time is mentioned.
- You can use any nuts of your choice. I have used Pistachios here.
- You can use store bought red velvet cake or any cake of your choice.
- Plan a day ahead at least to make everything from scratch because gulab jamuns need to be soaked at least for a day in Sugar syrup. Alternatively you can use store bought gulab jamuns and just make whipped cream at home.
If you like this recipe and tried it, leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it 🙂 Follow me on Instagram and Facebook
One Comment Add yours