Soaking time: Overnight | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
Rajma or Red Kidney Bean Gravy is a heartful meal along with rice or jeera rice. It can also be served with Chapathi. Rajma or Kidney Bean is rich in protein and has many health benefits. This may not be the authentic rajma recipe. But, my family prepares this way and we love it as such.
Rajma or Red Kidney Bean – 1 cup
Chopped Onion – 1
Chopped Tomatoes – 2
Chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
Slit Green Chilli – 1
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Salt – as needed
Water – 1/2 cup
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Soak Rajma overnight and pressure cook it for 3 – 4 whistle.
- In a pan heat ghee, add chopped garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Then, add onion and fry until transparent. Add slit green chilli, chopped tomatoes and stir fry until mushy.
- Now add, garam masala, salt and mix everything until masala coats well.
- Add rajma and water. Bring everything to boil until gravy thickens. Top it with 1 tbsp ghee and chopped coriander leaves.
- If you find the gravy to be watery, add cornflour paste to it and the gravy will thicken.
- Alternatively, instead of cooking the rajma separately you can saute garlic, onion, green chilli, tomatoes along with masala and add soaked rajama, pressure cook for 4 – 5 mins with required water. Top it with ghee and chopped coriander leaves.