Mango Salsa / Fresh Mango Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2 – 4 | Author: Rohini Ramanathan
Fresh Mango Salsa is tangy, mildly sweet and spicy ready to go as a side for your tortilla chips or just eat it straight out of the bowl. I bet you wouldn’t stop eating! It so good and so scrumptious!
When you have perfectly ripe mangoes on hand this is the recipe you need to try out. This recipe includes very simple ingredients yet very flavorful and also visually appealing! These are so good for Potlucks!
Ripe Mango – 1 Chopped into cubes
Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 Finely Chopped
Yellow Onion – 1/4 Finely Chopped
Mini Cucumber – 1 Finely Chopped
Jalapeños* – 1/4 Finely Chopped
Cilantro – 2 tbsp Finely Chopped
Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – as needed
- In a serving bowl, combine the chopped mango, bell pepper, cucumber, yellow onion, jalapeños, cilantro and salt. Drizzle 1 tbsp of Lime.
- Using a large spoon/spatula combine everything well. Check of salt and add more if needed (always add less salt initially and later add some more if needed).
- Serve it with Tortilla chips of your choice or as a refreshing Salad.
- I used only 1/4th of a medium sized jalapeños as I serve it for my kids as well. You can increase or decrease the amount of jalapeños according to your spice level.
- Make sure the mangoes are ripe yet firm. Over ripe mangoes doesn’t hold the shape well when cut into cubes.
- Instead of Bell Peppers you can also substitute with Sweet Peppers.
- Jalapeños can also be replaced with any pepper of your choice like Chile De Arbol or Serrano Peppers.